Author Topic: Local information  (Read 59112 times)

Paul T

Re: Local information
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »
Tis' a small world we live in

Hi Dave, I don't follow any sport / team in particular but I do enjoy taking in the occasional match and so I visit the Shay stadium to watch Halifax now and then.

Hi Bill, I'm originally from Manchester and so not a true Yorkshireman although it has been a gradual progression across the pennines via my last address in Saddleworth. Huddersfield I know also as my wife works at the HRI.

Hi Sue, my out-laws are from near Ferryhill (Bishop Auckland, Newton Aycliffe) and so I tend to visit there regularly when I pay a visit to my works office in Hawthorn. As it is compulsory within the company to follow Sunderland, I do attend the odd home game at the Stadium of Light.

Hi Pete & Fiona, Do you get into Bournemouth much as my brother has an antique clock shop there? It has been a while since I visited him in Ferndown and previously Poole.

Offline Sandra

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 02:38:59 PM »
We live in Bournemouth so again lots of nice cheap flights from either Bournemouth to Alicante (Thompsonfly) or Southampton to both Alicante or Murcia - not so cheap Flybe!  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Best regards
Sandra
Offering  luxurious holiday accommodation at our Roda Golf Apartment close to shores of the Mar Menor!

Offline Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:54 PM »
Hi All,

There is a new web site aiming to unite golfers across the region of Murcia.
They have provided us with an interesting news article, which is on our Golf page.
Club Murcia are keen to promote La Tercia.
Check them out at www.clubmurcia.com

Gary
UNITED WE GOLF     Would you like your own web site? Please email me for further information.

Nattyo

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
Thanks for that info Gary, just visited the site.  Its brilliant :)

Offline Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 06:33:10 PM »
Hey Nattyo,

Are you a keen golfer?
UNITED WE GOLF     Would you like your own web site? Please email me for further information.

Offline Dave

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »
Hi Gary

Been on the clubmurcia website it looks very good,anything that promotes La Tercia for golfing holidays etc will certainly benefit those members looking to rent out the properties.

Dave
SEE YOU AT THE 10TH
Dave & Eileen

Nattyo

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:44:21 PM »
Hi Gary, unfortunately I am not a golfer :D however, my partner and son are avid golfers.  We have just brought on Corvera golf & Country Club but I am addicted to this site as you all seem so friendly :)  What a fantastic site it is.  Whoever started it needs a pat on the back - what commitment.  I think that anyone who is purchasing in this area, Murcia, should feel as though they are part of a community.  Not just concentrate on their development, but the area as a whole.  Afterall, we are all in the same boat, all got the same worries, queries, problems etc., we can all help each other, what do you think?

Offline Dave

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
Hi Nattyo

I`am sure you will be welcomed on the forum it will be interesting to see how the developments progress.
When is corvera golf going to be completed?.
Have you any recent information on the new airport at Corvera?.
Dave

SEE YOU AT THE 10TH
Dave & Eileen

Offline Sandra

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 11:33:30 AM »
Hi Nattyo

I quite agree with your thoughts - the site has been very well thought out and put together and Gary is doing a great job and as you say,its great to start building a community as well as property!
Offering  luxurious holiday accommodation at our Roda Golf Apartment close to shores of the Mar Menor!

Paul T

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
I fully agree with the last comments and so thanks Gary for getting this site up and running and for the ongoing information flow. I've registered on the Club Murcia web site and so now looking forward to how the area as a whole develops.

Paul.

Nattyo

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »
Hi Dave, the only news I have about the new airport at Corvera is that it is definitely going ahead.  It has officially been given the green light and will hopefully be operational from 2009.  This is despite one of the new developments trying to put the mockers on it as it is right under the flight path.  The airport has been in the pipeline for many years now, you would have thought that they would have taken that into consideration before planning the development ???  Anyway, it is planned that the airport will receive, I think, 7 flights per hour.  Initially it will have one runway but upon reaching 1.5 million visitors, a second will be considered.  I think it is good news for us, what does everyone else think?  By the way, thanks for all the "good lucks" for Corvera Golf & Country Club :)

Offline Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
Hi,

Thanks guys, I've had great pleasure putting this site together. I think it will be a great ice breaker for us at La Tercia.
Nattyo, please do join in. As you say we are all part of the same community. I will open a new category in the forum later for Corvera.

I have plans to expand the site in the future, watch this space

Offline Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone interested in the Murcia air show, check out - www.aire06.com

Cheers
Gary

Offline Dave

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »
Hi All

Have a look at
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:28:06 PM by DAVE »
SEE YOU AT THE 10TH
Dave & Eileen

Offline Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »
Hi All,

Has anyone ever visited llla de Tabarca? It