Author Topic: Helpful hints  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Sandra

• Global Moderator
Helpful hints
« on: October 15, 2016, 09:29:45 PM »
Helpful HINT:
We were just on the point of purchasing a new fridge freezer as the frost free Zanussi that came with the apartment in 2008 was not freezing at all. I called a local engineer who was highly recommended on several  FACEBOOK local group pages (fixes dishwashers, washing machines, fridge freezers etc) who said to me - before I come out try this - first of all Mrs B - remove the contents and then leave the freezer door open for 12 hours - this should result in the freezer cold air vents debunging themselves. Shut the door again - hey presto the FF is now working perfectly - I have thanked Lee the engineer and have said I will pass on his details to anyone that wants them.

What a gentleman as he could have charged me to come out and tell me the same thing.
Offering  luxurious holiday accommodation at our Roda Golf Apartment close to shores of the Mar Menor!

Offline Sandra

• Global Moderator
Re: Helpful hints
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
Another useful tip accidentally discovered by moi!
So, completely sober, I dropped a bottle of red wine - needless to say it shattered and wine and glass went everywhere including spattering our white walls, the laundry in my laundry basket which I had just retrieved from the washing line. I tried scrubbing the stains to no avail and thought - oh dear, a complete redecoration will be needed. I then sprayed the laundry with Lidl's K-7 anti oxy stain remover,left it for 5 minutes and then and put it (white sheets) in the washer,but noticing the red wine stains had completely disappeared.
A light bulb moment...............!!!!!!!!
I sprayed my white walls with the same stuff and, bingo, white walls reappeared a few moments later - the red wine (a nice rioja) had disappeared and I just checked a few moments ago and the walls are white with no red wine splatters on them.
My advice -invest in this stain remover *(and its a lot cheaper than Vanish or redecoration).
Hope this helps if you every encounter the same problem.:)
Offering  luxurious holiday accommodation at our Roda Golf Apartment close to shores of the Mar Menor!

Offline Sandra

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »
HELPFUL HINT:

To assist with a spicy tomato sauce for a pork dish I made for dinner last night I bought a bottle of "4 chillie" strength Habenaras Sauce from Lidl - try  to use only a teaspoon, not a tablespoon of sauce in whatever you are making as it is HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT!!!   :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:05:45 PM by Sandra »

jimr

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 10:40:28 AM »
Catching up after a long time. Many thanks for these hints Sandra.
Have a great Christmas and all the best to you and yours in the new year.
Christine and Jim Rankin