Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 2514 times)

Offline David/Elizabeth/Paul

• La Tercia Owner
Car hire
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »
Hello all,

If it has been mentioned here before, then apologies, but if it saves one person hassle, then great!

When at the car hire desk, you may be asked for proof of your "points free status".

This you obtain online, the day prior to your holiday, from the DVLA, and is valid, I believe, for 48 hours.

Scant information I know, just google it.

David.
David,my wife Elizabeth,and my brother Paul, hiding from the authorities, in block 64, 2b.

Offline Big Gaz

• La Tercia Owner
Re: Car hire
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
Hi all. Is there any better option than using,do you Spain for car hire I have always used them to book in advance. I used to book with out paying then try and get a better price before you fly but they now want payment on the first booking.
 Any better way out there.
 Gaz

Offline Ian Bold

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »
There is still the option to book bow pay on collection with DYS.....I booked only yesterday. There has been the choice for the last 12 months, albeit a couple if Euros more expensive. In my opinion they are by far the cheapest/best option
Regards
Ian

Offline jimmyg

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 02:39:06 PM »
hi all,

just had a blazing row on the phone with dickmannns. They are withholding my deposit for up 28 days ! i returned the car on the 28th march and the car was signed off as ok but they state that they are untitled to withhold the 950 euro for that time. They say that it is in there T&Cs but this must be ilegal ?
 Any way just a warning stay clear of DICKMANNS.

jimmy

Offline Ian Bold

• La Tercia Owner
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
I too, had a bad experience with Dickmann's recently. After returning the car full, they sent me an email saying they were charging me for fuel plus administration as I had returned the vehicle part empty. I can not prove otherwise so have raised it as an unauthorised charged with my credit card company. I certainly won't use them again either!!
Ian

robaldridge

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
re.Dickmans...Is the clue in the name?